This page came about through my discovery of a search engine for the U.S.
patent office, and shortly thereafter seeing a patent number quoted in some
product literature. I thought I would look up the patent and see what was
actually claimed. Here are a few of the archery patents which
interested me. There are many archery related patents, some of which appear
to differ in only minor ways. It appears that the U.S. patent search
engine only goes back to 1971 for detailed descriptions:
- Allen's compound bow patent
- There are no details on the patent search engine, this original patent
is U.S. patent no. 3486495, 1969.
- Hoyt Syntactic Foam Limbs
- These are the limbs that I use on my bow. I would now know what's in them,
if I could decipher the legalese!
- Spin Wings
- There are several similar patents from the late Richard Carella,
inventor of Spin Wings, related to
The latest one appears to be for Elite Spin Wings.
Last modified on 12th February 2004 by email@example.com